Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Wargaming Digs

Just a quick one today.  I made some good progress last night on plotting out Fort William Henry ... it is going to be big.  I thought I would share with you a few pictures of my wargaming setup I use.  When I moved into my house I told the wife she can paint the whole house pink if she wants but the garage is mine (it was unfinished at the time).  So lots of pain, wood and beer later I found myself with a game room that I've dreamed of since I was a kid ... one with a big wargame table and a bar!





Newer pic below ...


I use three 4x6' tables that go together with bolts (that I built myself).  I can arrange them in several different ways as hte side panels come off.  I generally use with the 6x8' setup (bottom picture) or the 6x12' setup (middle picture).  I can break the whole lot down and store it when I need the whole bar for family gatherings or holidays.

The bar is officially called The Feisty Wench and I'm particularily proud of the logo (see below).

I have a game of Muskets and Tomahawks this evening that I'm really looking forward to (batrep to follow).

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! If you ever find yourself in California ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous setup. I made the same deal with the wife but we're in a rental so I've never had the chance to do anything custom. Where in california you say you're located ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing tables Jay , do you have any plans on how to make them Im building a new Game hall this year and would like to steel you table design.
    Gordon Hollis NH

    ReplyDelete